Pages

Translate

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Terrific Father's Day

                                                            Terrific Father's Day!


Today is Father's Day and boy am I excited! First, we had a deliciously cooked meal. We had french toast, bacon, and eggs. After breakfast, My dad, my two brothers, and I went to play a great game of catch. Wyatt, my brother, even tried to hit the baseball while siting down because he has a broken leg. I practiced pitching with my dad by pretending there was an imaginary batter and my dad was the catcher. I was the pitcher and let it rip! Second, we opened presents. In class, we made a pine cone bird feeder. We hung it up in a tree near our humming bird feeder. Here is a picture.







Here is a picture of the presents we got my superior dad. We got him a bag for travel, his favorite socks, cards, and lots of love.






Here is a picture of the card I got him. It says: " Cool dads make cool kids." 







What did you do for father's day?
Did your mom or dad make a superior breakfast for you?

1 comment:

  1. @ Peter,

    What a superior post for your father! He must have a smile a mile wide! (Nice hyperbole, no?) :-)

    I loved all the photos you included in your post, especially the one of the bird feeder pine cone! The birds are going to love it, and your dad will love seing the birds love it!

    My father lives in Montana, so I will be calling him today to wish him a happy Father's Day. I will see him this summer when I attend a wedding in Montana, and we can enjoy a meal together then.

    One of the best memories I have of my father is when we went fly fishing together in Montana. We fished in a small river called Spring Creek, and that is the place where I caught my first trout with a fly rod! It was so pretty being out in nature with my dad.

    What is your best memory with your dad?

    Your proud former second grade teacher and future third grade teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete