Pages

Translate

Sunday, July 7, 2013

A Fantastic Fourth of July Adventure

            A Fantastic Fourth of July Adventure


On the Fourth of July (America's birthday) my family and I went to the California Science Center. It was a phenomenal trip. We even saw the stunning Space Shuttle Endeavor, and saw an I-Max movie about the Endeavor and its incredible heroes that fixed the HUBBLE telescope. Two astronauts took a space walk and fixed the telescope.  Here is a picture of the Space Shuttle Endeavor.




'

In the background, you can the the beautiful American flag.   I love the grand American flag, and the Endeavor.






My mom and I,  baked this cake for America and My family. We celebrated America's 237th birthday.




                     Do you notice anything about the cake?
Have you ever seen the Endeavor? If you have, tell some facts about it!

7 comments:

  1. Other than the 50 blueberries and 55 raspberries (my favorite), I don't notice anything out of the ordinary about your awesome American flag cake... Was it delicious?! I've never seen the Endeavour, but would love to know more about it. What was your favorite part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Pater,

    What a patriotic post for America's birthday! Your writing is absolutely terrific and you have used a lot of adjectives! Go Peter!

    One of the things I noticed about your cake is that you decorated it like an American flag using blueberries and strawberries. Am I correct?

    I was in Montana over the Fourth of July. I attended a terrific parade and watch the firework at night. Here is a link to some photos I took during the parade:

    Fourth of July Parade

    How did you figure out the age of America?
    Did you go see the fireworks at the high school?

    Your proud former second grade teacher and future third grade teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Peter, awesome post! I love the American flag too. When you and your family come to Milwaukee and Chicago maybe you can make another one of those cakes for me? It looks really tasty!
    See you soon!

    ~Uncle Josh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Peter,

    What a lovely post for 4th of July. The science center is a great place to go to spend the day. I always learn something new whenever I go. Is the endeavor your favorite exhibit? My favorite exhibit is the World of Life. They used to have eggs from chickens and depending on when you come, you can watch the eggs hatch.

    I look forward to reading your next post,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peter,
    I have been to see the shuttle too! They should turn the shuttle into a restaurant!

    From,
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Peter ,

    I love this cake!! Where did you make this cake. and how did you make it ?

    From, Ben





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ben,

      Thanks for the wonderful comment. I made it at my house with my mom. Some special features of the cake are whip cream, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries . It was a delicious cake and I hope I can do it again.

      Have you ever baked something with your mom?

      Your friend,

      Peter

      Delete