Pages

Translate

Monday, July 22, 2013

Introducing, Cutie

                                                          Introducing, Cutie!

Cutie is a stuffed bear I got from Build-A-Bear-Workshop.   There are many steps in making a one-of-a-kind animal.  The first step is to choose your animal.  Here are a few of the animals you may choose from:  bears, dogs, monkeys, and bunnies.  The second step is to choose a sound for your friend.  Cutie makes a GRRRRR sound when you press his left paw.  Next comes the stuffing and right before you stuff your animal a heart is placed inside.  The last and final step is to dress it with your choice of sports jerseys, hats, sunglasses, T-shirts and pants.  Cutie was born on the 11th of July. Here are some facts about him:


  • He loves to watch me blog, watch T.V. with me, and he sleeps with me.
  • He has cool pair of sunglasses.
  • He likes to watch My dad and I play baseball.
  • He is 16 inches, and 7 ounces.
  • He also LOVES to to play the I-Pad.






He thinks that I am a fellow bear, but I am a human.






Have you ever gone to Build-A-Bear-Workshop?
Do you have a stuffed animal that you love?


5 comments:

  1. Dear Peter,

    I love your new post about Cutie! Your writing is absolutely fabulous! I love how you used transitions to outline the steps. Very effective!

    Yes, I have been to Build-a-Bear in the past. I was there for a birthday party for my little niece. I made a white bear and I named her Sweet Pea. She does not have any sounds that she makes. I think that is a new feature at the store. When I was there, I bought Sweet Pea a Santa suit because I thought she would look cute around the holiday season. Guess who else likes Sweet Pea?

    That's right, Buck! Here is a photo titled No Buck!


    Do you think that Cutie and Beverly will get along? What about Cutie and Panda?

    Your proud former second grade teacher and future third grade teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis



    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Peter,

    I really enjoyed reading your blog post about Cutie. I had never heard of a Build-a-Bear workshop before but they sound great! I have a panda called Petunia, but I didn't build her myself, she was a Christmas present long ago.

    I would like to compliment you on the quality of your writing and punctuation. I teach high school English and I have high school students who still can't remember to introduce a list with a colon and separate items with commas. Well done! Keep blogging, I think you have some real talent there! :-)

    Ms Wilson from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie is adorable, you obviously did a great job following the instructions! I have never been to "Build-A-Bear" but think it could be fun now that I have heard your recount.

    The only think I am wondering, is why Cutie no longer has clothes on? It is freezing where i live in Australia and even my dog who has fur is wearing a coat! Is it summer where you are thus Cutie is toasty in just ur?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Peter,

    Wow, what a brilliant post! He definitely suits his name! I think it is lovely that you get to put a heart inside your bear.

    I haven't been to Build-a-Bear, but I would love to in the future!

    A stuffed toy that I love is a big polar bear that my grandfather bought me many years ago.

    Sincerely,

    Miss Azzopardi (Australia)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peter. My name is Tara. I am a third grade teacher in Columbia, SC. Have you ever been to this state? Well, I have lived here my entire life, and for 12 years I lived in Myrtle Beach, SC with my family. A lot of people from all over the eastern U.S. vacation there. Well, they have a Build-A-Bear Workshop at one of the tourist shops, "Broadway at the Beach," and my girls used to visit a lot. One even had a birthday party there once. Your blog reminded me of all the wonderful memories we had there as we would build a special new addition to our family, just like your Cutie. Have you had an opportunity to buy him clothes and shoes? My girls really enjoyed doing that, and they used to have tea parties with them! My girls are 13 and 16 now, so their interests have changed a bit, but your blog reminded me of those wonderful times.
    As a teacher, I must compliment you on your use of transitional words and punctuation marks. I have just decided to start blogging with my students this coming school year. I hope my students will write as well as you!
    Enjoy the rest of summer,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete