Pages

Translate

Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Sports Card Collection


My Sport Card Collection 

 I enjoy my sport cards, and I am on a quest to get more. I think it is a grand idea to get my sport card collection active, so I declared that I would put on my blog. While my friend Bryce was over, we worked hard to complete this post.  Bryce and I are going to have a conversation on sports cards.


"Bryce,  how many baseball cards do you have approximately?" questioned Peter. "I suspect you have around 30." 

"The real answer is rounded to about sixty cards, but I have never counted them," answered Bryce. 

"If you were to collect another sport, what would you choose?" asked Peter ." I think that you would collect hockey cards."

"Well, if I wanted you to like my answer it would be football, but in actuality your guess hit the dot," said Bryce. "Hockey is my favorite sport aside from baseball, and my favorite player would be the captain of the Los Angeles Kings,  Dustin Brown!" exclaimed Bryce.




This is the cover of my binder, and it says : Peter's Sports Cards collecting and trading. It is one inch binder, and it has over 100 cards in it.




This is the front page of my binder, and they are all Green Bay Packers.  All the players names are: Casey Haward, the Green Bay Packers team card, Clay Matthews,  Randall Cobb, Aaron Rodgers, Jordy Nelson,  another Jordy Nelson, B.J Raj, and another Randall Cobb.





This is Aaron Rodgers.  His number is twelve, and he has a recent shoulder injury. So, his back up quarterback, Scott Tolzien, is filling his position grandly! He is the main quarterback for the Green bay Packers, but he is recovering from a injury.





Do you collect sports cards?
Do you have any favorite players?
Have you ever seen regular quarterback been replaced by backup quarterback?
What's your favorite team?
If you have one favorite football team, name you favorite quarterback, defender, lineman, wide receiver, tight end, and backup quarterback.
I challenge you!



7 comments:

  1. Hey Peter it looks looks like you're building a really cool collection (except for those awful Packers)! When I was your age all I did was collect sports cards and read the stats and stories on the backs. Next time you are in chicago I will have to give you some more cards! Hi to Wy and Miles too.
    -Uncle Josh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Uncle Josh!

      What are you talking about? Packers are aren't awful! If you want a name of an awful team, you should think about the Chicago Bears. Boy, talk about a silly sentence! Packers are a grand NFL football team;) I would love for you to give me some more cards, and maybe I'll give you some cards. Especially, Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, and another Jay Cutler.

      Let's see who wins this weeks game. Will the Bears win there game or will the Packers win? Let's go Pack! I'll bet you will lose to the St. Louis Rams. We're going to win against the Vikings!

      Your honorary nephew,

      Peter

      Delete
  2. @ Peter,

    I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post about your sports cards! The interview you had with Bryce was a grand idea! Terrific way to learn and practice the quotation marks and punctuation rules! Well done!

    Unfortunately, I am unable to name a favorite team for you. Sadly, I do not follow football. Idiom: It is not my cup of tea.

    However, I do use the California football team, the 49ers is a silly multiplication story. Here it is: there were 7 players on one team and 7 players on the other and the winning team was the 49ers. (7 x 7 = 49)

    Here is another silly multiplication story. There are two Beatles songs that help me remember 8 x 8 = 64. Eight Days a Week and When I'm Sixty-four. Do you use any silly stories to remember products?

    When did you start following the Green Bay Packers?

    Your proud teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea to collect cards from your favorite team. I don't have a favorite team but I do root for players who went to my college. In fact, when I first started college at the University of Pittsburgh my next door neighbor in my dormitory was a football player. He took care of me as I was just starting college. Jim Flanigan was such a good player that he was drafted by the Green Bay Packers. He played in the second Super Bowl. My favorite all time quarterback is Dan Marino. Favorite running backs are Tony Dorsett and now LeSean McCoy. Favorite defender is Darrell Revis. Larry Fitzgerald is my favorite receiver. Note: All these players went to my school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jerry,

    Really, NFL football players went to your college? That's amazing! I do not know that much about Pittsburgh, but I do know that they have a incredible quarterback, Ben Roethllisberger and a exceptional safety, Troy Polamalu. The only thing I know about Dan Marino was that he played for the Miami Dolphins, who are currently 6-6.

    Who is you all time favorite player?

    Your Green Bay Packer fan,

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Peter,

    Like Mrs. Yollis, I do not know very much about football, but I also enjoyed reading your post. I particularly liked how passionate you are about this sport. It is really great to have something that you enjoy and follow.

    Do you play football as well?

    I look forward to reading more from you,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Peter,

    I am not a big football fan, so I think I am going to list my favorite baseball players. I collect baseball cards and I probably have over two hundred. My three favorite players are Jacoby Ellsbury, Mickey Mantle, and Babe Ruth. They are all superb players. I do know the teams in football so I can easily answer that. I have a few favorite teams, and they are the New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, Green Bay Packers and the Seattle Seahawks.

    Do you like baseball?

    Sincerely,

    Bryce

    ReplyDelete